Tuesday, December 30, 2008

DESPAIR

February 28—March 5, 2006
 
Have you lost yourself, my friend?
Do you feel you’ve reached the end?
When you look back, do you feel only hurt,
Or worth a little less than dirt?
When you look ahead, do you feel only pain?
When you dare to hope do you think you’re insane?
 
I’ve been there, too. 
I’ve a cure for you.
Don’t look down.
Lose the frown.
Look ahead.
Without dread.
Look to Jesus and smile again.
Remember, His love can never end.
 
Do you want to go swimming, but are afraid that you’ll drown?
Do you feel like you’re screaming, but can’t hear a sound?
Do you feel invisible in this big place?
Do you feel alone, but without any space?
When you see all your failures, do you tremble in fear,
Or do you remember Our Great God is here?
 
Can you find your way after wand’ring so long?
Can you find the strength to admit you were wrong?
Can you look at your friends and not feel ashamed,
Or really believe that they’re not to blame?
When you see their faces, will you smile at them?
Will it be alright? Can you laugh again?
 
My friend, I care.
So, don’t you dare
Believe I don’t.
Just read this note.
My love is such
That I care so much.
I want to see
You living free!
Put trust and love
In Christ above!
For only He
Can set you free!!

No comments: