Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Praying is a Dangerous Thing. You Could end up Changed.

The Lord's Prayer:
Daddy, You're above all, and Your Name is above all other names. Your Name is holy, and You're set apart and sacred in Your majesty. No one is like You.
God, You reign in heaven, above all, and I want You to reign in my heart and in my life so that I will be ready to do Your will. I see You at work here in this world, and it gets me so excit
ed! I want to see more! I want You to use me to accomplish Your purposes here on this earth just like Your puproses are fulfilled in heaven. I want to serve You.
Please, continue to provide for me the things that I need for living and serving today, but don't give me too much, or I'll grow complacent and begin to think that I don't need You.
I need Your grace and mercy, because I fail so often. Remind me of that grace when I see others' shortcomings and how they have failed me. God, I know that it's only through Your mercy that I stand, and I can't stand in Your mercy if I'm not living mercifully.
Don't let me chase after my own desires above You. Don't even let me go one step down that path. We both know where that leads, and we both know it ain't pretty. I'm easily overcome when it's up to me. I don't want to stray away from You, but I need Your help with this one. Every time I put something before You in importance, I'm following my own path into evil. You're going to have to save me from all these evils, because I'm tempted a lot. Only You can rescue me from myself.
You're the One Who reigns, You alone possess the power to get things done, and You get all the recognition for Your perfect works.
Truth.

No comments: