Friday, July 27, 2012

I'M NOT AT HOME

Psalm 139               
          Sunday, July 22, 2012

I’m not home in this world
Where no one understands.
I’m unknown and unknowable
In these strange, foreign lands.

I’m alone in this world
Where no one seems to care
I’m unpursued and unsought
In these lands of despair.

I’m small at heart in this world
Where no one seems to see.
I’m unimpressive and uninspiring
In these lands I can’t be free.

I’m falling apart in this world
Where no one has it right.
I’m unhinged and unstable
In these lands devoid of light.

This world is not my home
Where people can’t comprehend.
I’m known and loved.
In Your arms I can mend.

This world is not my home
Where people live so selfishly.
I’m pursued and cherished.
In Your eyes I’m loved attentively.

This world is not my home
Where people cannot feel.
I’m wonderful and powerful.
In Your presence I am real.

This world is not my home
Where people build on sand.
I’m ordained and secure
In the safety of Your hand.

No comments: